Monday, August 18, 2014

Blogspot Vs WordPress

Since I used this two kinds of blog sites, I decided to make a review about the comparison between them. I won't say "this one is better than the other one" or anything similiar to that, I just want to tell you what's on my mind about them.

First, I'll be talking about Blogspot. This is the first site that I used to create a blog--the place where you are reading this now :p I made it on 2011, 3 years already. It's not weird if I knew this site well, then :) but not too well I guess, because I still don't know how to use some application like edit the code of CSS, and etc. It's not because I can't, it's just because I am lazy to learn about CSS xD Honestly, it's kind of dizzying--I have googled about how to use it, though.

Well, back to the topic. Blogspot is the most simple site to create a blog and it's also free! Although nowadays we can find many free sites to create a blog, but Blogspot is still the first option to create a blog for the beginners. In Blogspot you can easily create a new blog with many choice of designs. First, you can use the template design that Blogspot provided here, but then you can customize the design as you like. This is one of the superiority in this site, you can design it so freely as you want. Any colour that you want, any picture that you want, any application that you want like music and etc. All you need is just know how to add it on your blog, and you could find the answer easily in google, right? ;)

Beside that, you can follow any bloggers in Blogspot as you like so you can easily get their updates on your dashboard. It's a great site to share your minds, and also to make friends ^^

Nah, now I'll talk about Wordpress. At the first time, I have never thought that I'll create a blog in this site also. But I am a curious person, you know xD So here I am, I have two blogs now. Blogspot and WordPress. It's a bit more confusing for the beginners than Blogspot, maybe this is why many people started to create a blog in Blogspot instead of WordPress. But then you'll realize that WordPress is also a wonderful site to create a blog! The designs is so much more elegant than Blogspot. WordPress also have so many themes (or in Blogspot you can call it 'templates'). Unfortunately, you can't cuztomize the themes so freely like in Blogspot. You can't change the colour of the theme, the fonts of your writing, add the music widget and etc unless you have upgrade or pay for your blog. Don't worry, you can still have a cute and elegant design if you're smart enough to design it without paying, hhahaha. Some widgets and some application in this site is free too, but not at all. But once you upgrade it, you can fully taking control of your blog, and of course the designs.

However, I still think that WordPress is more elegant than Blogspot. In the matter of the designs and also the tools. And the other superiority for WordPress is that you can easily search and get recommended about other blogs in your newsfeed while in Blogspot you should know the blog address first. In WordPress you just need to type the keyword of the post or blog that you want to find :) Like I said before, WordPress is also a great site to share your minds, and also to make friends hhaha ^^

I can't say this one is better than that one, I also can't suggest you to use that one instead of this one, or etc. I believe you can choose it by yourself and I believe you have your own opinions :) Blogging is really fun, you know? If you are reading this and planning to make a blog, don't wait any longer. Let's do it now! If you confused and don't know how to use it, don't give up. You can easily learn it in the internet. Me also, I just learnt all about blogging by myself, so why you can't? :)

P/S: Let's take a look of my blog! (and don't forget to follow me :p)

1). My first blog (Blogspot)


2) My second blog (WordPress)


Well then, what do you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment